July 2, 2014

music city

Woah. I can't believe it's been almost a month and a half since I last blogged. Let me tell you, life has been crazy since graduation. I feel like I'm busier now than I ever was in school. Between working six days a week at the restaurant, trying to find a big girl job, being in the middle of planning two big events, and trying to prepare for living on my own in five weeks...I've been crazy stressed and, I have to admit, I've kind of let myself get caught up in the day-to-day and lost sight of the big picture of all the things I am thankful for in life right now.

One of those things is that (without a big girl job) I was able to actually travel a little bit after graduation. The first of my two trips was a road trip to Nashville with my friends Angie and Casey for our other friend Lizzy's birthday. Nashville is a city I would absolutely love to live in so I couldn't have been happier to take this road trip.

Our first night was spent listening to live music and enjoying a few drinks with friends at Tootsie's. Our second day started with Bloody Mary's and a beautiful lunch at the Pineapple Room followed by hours of exploring Cheekwood Botanical Garden. It was incredibly beautiful, almost overwhelming. We also got to walk around inside of the Cheekwood Mansion which was home to the family that created Maxwell House Coffee (but we weren't allowed to take pictures in there). Then it was time for a night out on the town! Our last day was spent relaxing and line dancing at Whiskey Dix Saloon with friends in Murfreesboro. We did a little shopping downtown the next afternoon and then hit the road back to Wisconsin.

It was a whirlwind of a trip and I can't wait to go back sometime in the near future. All in all, I am completely and utterly smitten with Nashville.















No comments:

Post a Comment