May 9, 2014

"it's the end of an era!" - Rachel Green



Yep, it's true. I've been pretty terrible at blogging this semester. But, to be completely honest, I have been writing so much for school that it didn't leave me with many thoughts to write down. Today...today is different though. The weather is finally getting better and I'm filled with joy and excitement. I picked up my cap and gown on Wednesday and yesterday I went to my last day of class...ever. It's a crazy feeling.

I will admit, I am extremely nervous to graduate because I do not have a job lined up yet, I don't know where I will be living come August, and I tend to not do well without any sort of plan. I finally think I'm starting to understand why I am confronted with so many unknowns right now though. I know it's all part of God's plan and I think he's trying to teach me to be more comfortable without a plan, that I will survive. So with that thought in mind, I will take this lesson from God and learn the crap out of it. I am excited because the world is my oyster. I can go wherever I want, do whatever I want. Who knows what job I will have six months from now? But I know I will find it when I am supposed to.

So for now, I focus on this moment. This occasion. I am the first in my family to graduate from college and I couldn't be more proud of the work I've put into school the past four years. This week I finish my final classes of my undergrad. Next weekend I will be inducted into Lambda Pi Eta, a national communication honor society. I will walk across the stage and graduate from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and a minor in Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies. I will celebrate with friends and family and relish in this joy before the stress of looking for a job sets back in.

But no matter what, I will enjoy this moment in my life. Thank you so much to all of my family and friends that have supported me, gone through school with me, helped me through stress, comforted me in dark times, and celebrated with me in times of success. I could not be more grateful for the people I have in my life, I am truly blessed.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young ment stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. The will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:29-31


2 comments:

  1. Katelyn - I could not be more excited/happy/proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete