December 30, 2013

my christmas traditions






Here is a tiny glimpse into what my Christmas looks like. On Christmas Eve, I spend the morning wrapping presents, making food, and listening to Christmas music with my family and we always go to the children's service at our church that afternoon. That service is honestly my favorite part of Christmas because it is so refreshing to hear the amazing words of Jesus' birth from little ones who believe so wholeheartedly when we, as adults, tend to lose sight of that amazing kind of faith.

After church, we head on over to my Grandma and Grandpa's house and spend the evening eating and exchanging gifts with my mom's side of the family. There always seems to be a lot of hilarious stories and sarcastic comments passed around while our Grandma just tries to keep up. It's always a good time.

As for Christmas Day, I stay at my parents' house overnight with my brothers and we have breakfast and open gifts together Christmas morning. After we've done our immediate family Christmas, we get ready for yet another gathering. My dad has one brother and four sisters and it rotates every year who hosts Christmas our of the aunts. This year we headed a little farther north and got together with my dad's side. As you can tell by the last picture...my dad's side is not small. It's always a day full of little ones, dogs, food, gifts, and A Christmas Story on TBS on repeat on at least one TV in the house.

As much as I hate cold weather and Wisconsin winters, Christmas is hands down my favorite time of year. I get to see both sides of my extended family, attend a beautiful church service where I get to hear about the birth of Jesus once again, and I get to spend quality time with so many friends, family, and loved ones. Christmas always reminds me big time how blessed I am in this life and I'm always really sad when it's over. But now it is time to reflect on the past year and greet the new year with hope, joy, and excitement for the future.

What are some of your Christmas traditions that you look forward to every year?

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of people.. seems like so much fun though! Beautiful Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete