December 18, 2013

a facebook cleanse








I have been off of Facebook for a little over two weeks now and I have to say...sigh. It has felt so good. I was looking to eliminate as many distractions as possible while I was working on all of my final papers and projects. Honestly, Facebook is my biggest distraction when I am trying to do homework (or any work for that matter) on the computer. It's just too convenient and accessible. I would waste a half hour reading peoples' statuses that I didn't even care to read. I've been so productive since I deactivated my account and I actually finished all my finals earlier than expected.

Aside from it being a huge distraction, social media in general is just toxic sometimes. I really think it's important that we all take a step back periodically and get ourselves out of that online environment. Social media creates this crazy competition where we feel like our lives aren't as interesting as everyone else's because of what they posted online when in actuality, there lives aren't even that interesting.

I was going to reactivate my Facebook account after finals ended, but I handed in my last paper yesterday and I have no desire to turn it back on. So I think that I'm going to wait until after Christmas to focus on the people around me and the preparation for the day of our Lord's birth.

I hope you're all having a wonderful Christmastime!

1 comment:

  1. Hah! Right?! I nixed The Facebook almost two months ago now and it's been wonderful! I have more time and the ridiculousness that can really bog you down, despite our valiant attempts to steer clear of it, is gone. Enjoy the peace! :)

    I hope your papers and exams went swimmingly. :) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete