June 18, 2013

tuesday with the author: coffee date

If we were to sit down for coffee today it would probably be at my apartment because I am too broke to go out.
I would ask you how you've been because chances are I probably haven't seen or talked to you in awhile. Here are the things I'd tell you if you asked:

I would tell you how I feel like I have been working non-stop since school ended that I have not really been able to enjoy my summer yet. Working nights and weekend all the time keeps me from getting to really see my friends. I'd tell you that even when I have free time, I'm so exhausted and sick of being around people for my job that I just want to sleep or be left alone.

I would tell you that despite working so much, money has been pretty tight. I hit a deer a couple weeks ago and needed just under one thousand dollars worth of repairs on my car among other miscellaneous money issues that I do not need to burden your mind with.

I would also tell you that I have had some pretty great opportunities come my as far as career advancement goes. I have been working with the restaurant I waitress at on their social media marketing strategies and putting together a marketing plan for them. I have also been working with Autism Speaks helping to market their first annual charity motorcycle ride in Milwaukee. I have also been asked to photograph the whole event as well which will be a lot of fun.

I would tell you how much I have missed blogging and how I have had a hard time finding the creative passion in me lately to write. It is almost as if I have so many things to say that I can't figure out a way to organize my thoughts and write them like I usually can.

I know I have thrown a lot of scattered thoughts at you on our coffee date. Please, tell me how you've been. I've missed you all.

2 comments:

  1. Hard work will pay off, hang in there :) And congratulations on those opportunities, they sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your summer hasn't started yet, but it sounds like you've got some good things going on. If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my summer program just started so I'm running around like a crazy person. Also, because of this, I actually am starting to like my job!

    ReplyDelete