April 9, 2013

tuesdays with the author

First, I have to say...I'm loving all this spring rain Milwaukee has been getting the past couple days. I don't love it so much when I'm walking to class. But once I get home and I can curl up on the couch with some tea and homework in our perfectly darkened apartment, it's quite peaceful.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how fast my life is going though. It's really starting to hit me that after this semester I only have one more year of school. I'm so incredibly excited to be done with school and forget about homework, class, and constantly working on the weekends. I know life won't be perfect after I graduate, but I'm excited for new opportunities, regular work hours, having my weekends to myself, growing up, and becoming even more independent.

At this point in my undergraduate studies, I'm taking my last general education requirement class. So it's basically all major and minor classes from here on out and I'm loving it. For those of you who don't know: I'm a communication major and JAMS minor which stands for journalism, advertising, and media studies. I also take some photography classes here and there.

As much as I love what I'm studying, I'd much rather be doing it in a job rather than a classroom. So today I pray for strength and focus as I finish my studies over the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment